Catherine of Siena with the Sacred Heart
Brondesbury School Chapel - 1890-1900
45 inches high by 21 1/2 inches wide.
These original, one-of-a-kind pieces of art were drawn and painted in 1890-1930 by the stained glass window manufacturer, Clayton & Bell. Drawn on thin rice paper with charcoal, pencil and water colors, each one is a masterpiece. Location, date, and title of the drawing is found on the reverse. Clayton & Bell was one of England's most prolific stained glass manufacturers. Begun in the 1850s, the firm created and installed windows in hundreds of churches in England and around the world.